The Upper Shelves On Tour With the Mighty Peptones

Catch the Upper Shelves in support of the nation's greatest R&R act, the Peptones

Saturday 30th of January, Nederland 3, Wateringen
Saturday 13th of February, De Vinger, Den Haag
Saturday 20th of March, de Trucker, Pijnacker

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Irma Thomas - It's Raining


Spring. Is there a better season? I doubt it. Nights are getting longer, skirts are getting shorter. And because spring in Holland also means rain, I put on Irma Thomas to sing those clouds away with a stunningly simple, but gorgeous song about rain and missing someone. I miss Martin Bril. He was a Dutch writer who sadly passed away a year ago. His short stories made me feel as if it was spring every day. So, without Martin around to make rainy days feel like spring, I will put on Irma one more time.





No comments:

Post a Comment